#Women #Transgender #LGBTQ #LGBTQIA #Conservatives #Extremism #Fascism #Religion #RepublicanParty #Hate #Bigotry #Violence #Genocide #Discrimination #Homophobia #Transphobia #ThePartyOfHate #EmptyThePews
#Women #Transgender #LGBTQ #LGBTQIA #California #Education #Conservatives #Extremism #Fascism #Hategroups #Religion #RepublicanParty #Hate #Bigotry #Violence #Genocide #Discrimination #Transphobia #ThePartyOfHate #EmptyThePews
Mike Johnson: U.S. 'Dark and Depraved' Because So Many Teens Are LGBTQ+. Johnson made the remark to a Christian right activist just three weeks before becoming speaker of the House.
"On this episode of The Time of Monsters, #ChrisLehmann on the holy warriors excited at the world coming to an end."
Pierre Poilievre Under Fire After Video Surfaces of Homophobic, Transphobic Speech
Conservative leader Pierre Poilievre accuses Justin Trudeau of 'imposing radical gender ideology' on children
SOGI: Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity (SOGI
Conservative Party of Canada
Conservative MP Costas Menegakis
Listening to Refuse Fascism (The Nightmare That Is House Speaker Mike Johnson): https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/refuse-fascism/episodes/The-Nightmare-That-Is-House-Speaker-Mike-Johnson-e2bhd77
Sam talks with writer Sarah Posner about Mike Johnson, the new Speaker of the House, and more.
https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/refuse-fascism/episodes/The-Nightmare-That-Is-House-Speaker-Mike-Johnson-e2bhd77 #refusefascism #WhiteChristianNationalism #seperationchurchandstate #SeperateChurchandState #mikejohnson #christianright #rightwingextremism
Messy story but related / relevant
[2023-11-02] A mom and son are charged in Idaho after a teen is taken to Oregon for an abortion
ICYMI - From 2018. I've posted the text of the article, since it's behind a paywall.
by Philip Bump
Well before he was asked to offer a prayer at Monday’s ceremony marking the U.S. Embassy’s move from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, earning the enmity of Mitt Romney, Pastor Robert Jeffress offered tangential insight into why he and many evangelicals think the move was so important.
“Jerusalem has been the object of the affection of both Jews and Christians down through history and the touchstone of prophecy,” Jeffress told CNN last year. “But, most importantly, God gave Jerusalem — and the rest of the Holy Land — to the Jewish people.”
The latter half of that quote hints at the deep religious meaning of the existence of Israel for Jeffress and other Christians. As University of North Texas professor Elizabeth Oldmixon told Vox last year, the issue of recognizing Jerusalem is inextricable from that belief.
“The tenet of Christian Zionism is that God’s promise of the Holy Land to the Jews is eternal. It’s not just something in antiquity,” Oldmixon said. “When we talk about the Holy Land, God’s promise of the Holy Land, we’re talking about real estate on both sides of the Jordan River. So the sense of a greater Israel and expansionism is really important to this community. Jerusalem is just central to that. It’s viewed as a historical and biblical capital.”
Polling bolsters Oldmixon’s explanation. In December, LifeWay Research conducted a poll evaluating the views of evangelical Americans on issues related to Israel and the politics of the Middle East. (The definition used to identify evangelicals, we’ll note, was more specific than most polls necessitate.) Among the questions was one about the biblical promise of the Holy Land to Abraham and his descendants. Two-thirds of respondents strongly agreed that the promise was an eternal one from God.
But it’s also worth picking out another part of what Jeffress said to CNN. Jerusalem, he said, is “the touchstone of prophecy.” That prophecy is the biblical prophecy of the return of Jesus Christ and the beginning of the Rapture — the end times.
“What kick-starts the end times into motion is Israel’s political boundaries being reestablished to what God promised the Israelites according to the Bible,” Pastor Nate Pyle told Newsweek in January.
This is not an uncommon view.
The LifeWay poll found that 80 percent of evangelicals believed that the creation of Israel in 1948 was a fulfillment of biblical prophecy that would bring about Christ’s return.
That meshes with a poll conducted by the Pew Research Center in 2003. Pew asked respondents whether the existence of Israel fulfilled biblical prophecy. About a third of Americans said it did — while more than 6 in 10 evangelicals agreed. (So did more than half of black respondents.)
The LifeWay poll also asked evangelical respondents what factors contribute to their support for the state of Israel. More than 6 in 10 cited God’s pledge to Abraham. The third-most-cited reason was that the existence of Israel was necessary for fulfilling prophecy. More than half of evangelicals said that was a reason they supported Israel’s existence.
Sixty percent of those age 65 and older said the fulfillment of prophecy was an important factor in their support for Israel. In a follow-up question, 12 percent of respondents said the fulfillment of prophecy was the most important reason they supported the state of Israel. A third pointed to the promise made to Abraham. (Forty-five percent of poll respondents said the Bible was the biggest influence on their views about Israel — 11 times as many people as those who said that their church was the biggest influence.)
A great deal of attention has understandably been paid to the fact that evangelical support for President Trump has been robust despite Trump apparently not always meeting the personal moral standards one might expect from someone with strong religious support. The LifeWay poll makes clear that part of it is simply that evangelicals skew so heavily conservative.
(In September 2016, Pew found that more than a third of evangelicals said their support for Trump in the 2016 election was based mostly on his not being Hillary Clinton.)
While Trump’s conservative politics (and deeply religious vice president) have led to concrete gains in other areas of importance to evangelicals, his support for Israel and for the move of the embassy has been an important factor as well.
“At this point, Trump’s decision to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel is the only concrete thing that his evangelical supporters can point to as part of fulfilling biblical prophecy to bring about the second coming of Christ,” religion historian Neil Young told Newsweek in January.
That reads like an indictment, but it’s safe to say that for those eagerly anticipating the Second Coming, any progress is welcome. And the move on Monday is apparently seen by many evangelicals as precisely such a step.
72) Next up in the #HouseSpeaker derby is Mike Johnson from #Louisiana’s 4th. Johnson, a lawyer, ticks the box from a #DonaldTrump fealty POV, having defended the former president during the impeachment trials
U.S. conservatives are using Canadian research to justify anti-trans laws
Toronto psychologist James Cantor (CAMH - transphobic mental health research institute) has testified in 25 cases in the U.S. related to trans issues since 2021.
#TransHealthcare #WPATH #pseudoscience #CentreForAddictionAndMentalHealth #CAMH #transphobia #JamesCantor #KennethZucker #disinformation #ChristianRight #extremism #ProudBoys #GOP #neoconservatism #populism
Pauline Jones and Andrew Murphy report on how the determination of right-wing Christians, largely white and almost exclusively Republican, to chip away at rights of targeted minority communities like the LGBTQ community erodes American democracy. This should concern all of us since the bloc controlling the current Supreme Court is determined to further the goals of this right-wing Christian minority.
SCOTUS, Clarence Thomas, Charles Koch
Charles Koch: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Koch
* American billionaire businessman
* co-owner, chairman, CEO Koch Industries
#SCOTUS #ClarenceThomas #CharlesKoch #JudicialMisconduct #DefundBillionaires #DefundCorporations #KochIndustries #neoliberalism #fascism #neofascism #ChristianRight #capitalism #GOP #GOPmenace #ClimateChangeDenial #CatoInstitute #MercatusCenter
[thread] SCOTUS, Clarence Thomas, Charles Koch
* Koch: super secretive, ultra wealthy/conservative, anti-union, climate change denialist, funder of subversive neoliberal think tanks/agendae.
* s dangerous as Leonard Leo
* important unveiling/add. coverage of Koch's influence
#SCOTUS #ClarenceThomas #CharlesKoch #JudicialMisconduct #DefundBillionaires #DefundCorporations #KochIndustries #neoliberalism #ChristianRight #capitalism #GOP #GOPmenac #ClimateChangeDenial #CatoInstitute #MercatusCenter
At Vote Pray Stand Summit Christian Parents/“Rights” Take Center Stage
Political strategy wraps demonization of trans people in innocuous-sounding catchphrase “parental rights”
* Christian right political gathering hosted by Tony Perkins’s Family Research Council
* gave his blessing to movement’s most promising public face: Christian parent
Origins of White, Christian Supremacy
* Robert P. Jones, Public Religion Research Institute
* demographic shifts rendered once-dominant white Christians minority
* U.S. more ethnically, culturally, religiously diverse
* find ourselves embroiled in bitter debates
https://persagen.com >> "Public Religion Research Institute"
A1 cont'd 2/
Charter-School Movement’s New Divide
Catholic charter in Oklahoma would represent a profound shift for American education
The Christian nationalist charter school next door
Florida Will Allow Far Right PragerU Materials in Public Schools
The Right’s Campus Culture War Machine
How conservatives built a formidable network for ginning up scandal in higher education
For more on this see slide 38+ here (navigate with L/R arrow keys; content fades in):
and https://persagen.com >> search:
education AND hillsdale AND (michigan OR desantis)
Previous related threads
Prophet, Theocrat, Lobbyist Abby Abildness: Christian far right road map
Project Blitz: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Blitz
* coalition 40+ Christian right groups
Model Acts (model bills/legislation)
Christian Nationalists Launch Major Push to Take Adv. of Far-Right Supreme Court
[thread] Christian/Religious Right, theocracy, Dominion theology
Christian right: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_right
* religious right; Christian politics char. by strong social conservativism
* gov. in which one/more deities recognized as supreme ruling authorities
Dominion theology: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominion_theology
* dominionism; Christian political ideology; seeks nation gov. by Christians, based on biblical law
B.C. Parent Advisory Councils voice support for SOGI in face of protests
* District Parent Advisory Councils around British Columbia signed public statement supporting inclusion of sexual orientation & gender identity in education
* protestors advocate for elimination of SOGI curriculum, pronouns, gender ideology & mixed bathrooms in schools
How the ‘parental rights’ movement gave rise to the 1 Million March 4 Children
* 1,000s protesters/counter-protesters across Canada clashed over rights of trans children & youth
* 2023-09-20 “1 Million March 4 Children” part of widespread, growing “parental rights” movement targeting inclusive public education
This is an exceptional article! 👍️ 🙏
Doctor with ties to anti-LGBTQ hate groups serves on Utah’s trans sports commission
* Dr. Paul Hruz appointed by Utah House Speaker Brad Wilson
* openly anti-LGBTQ: does not treat transgender patients; opposes gender-affirming care
* suggested transgender caused by “social contagion”
Vancouver's mayor condemns planned anti-LGBTQ2S+ protests
* Vancouver mayor Ken Sim added his voice to chorus of officials condemning anti-LGBTQ2S+ protests planned in B.C. & across Canada 2023-09-20
* group called 1MillionMarch4Children
* Ken Sim described protests as rooted in ignorance & bigotry
Manitoba Premier Heather Stefanson: Willful Engagement w. Anti-2SLGBTQ+ Movement Concerning
* Stefanson called out by 2SLGBTQ+ advocates for “willful engagement” w. far-right movements trying to ban books about LGBTQ & sexual health content in schools
Heather Stefanson: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heather_Stefanson
A4 cont'd 9/
* Veterans For Freedom key role in organizing James Topp’s 2021-07-01 Ottawa march joined by Conservative leader Pierre Poilievre
* VFF partnered w. anti-public health & anti-vaccine groups
* vocal in supporting Save Canada and extremist online community called Diagolon
#Canada #1MillionMarch4Children #PierrePoilievre #ConservativeParty #VeteransForFreedom #Diagolon #transphobia #FarRight #ChristianRight #SaveCanada #BillboardChris #JoshAlexander #DominionTheology #theocracy
Anti-LGBTQ+ ‘Million Man Marches’ Across Canada. Who's Behind Them, What Are They Really About?
Everything you need to know about the ‘one million march for children’ to stop the ‘indoctrination of children in public schools’
* organizers rallying supporters behind vague slogans & careful talking points about“protecting children” & “parental rights”
[video] How to handle family talks about gender identity
Gender identity is a topic that is coming up in the news often – and maybe at dinner tables as well.
Here’s what experts and one parent of a trans child say you should know about handling such a sensitive subject.
Addendum 2 cont'd
* group "1MillionMarch4Children" unite rally participants against "gender ideology" in Cdn. schools
* say schools exposing children to inappropriate content: sexuality & gender identity, SOGI
* support policies req. parental consent
*rallies met w. counterprotesters who say those policies violate of children's rights
* transgender youth should not be outed to their parents by teachers
2022-09-20: Cross-Canada rallies against gender ideology in schools met w. counterprotests
* competing protests re: school policies on gender identity, SOGI
* protests/counter-protests linked to school policies, incl. in New Brunswick/Saskatchewan that require young people to get parental consent before teachers can use their preferred first names, pronouns
[2023-09-19] B.C. human rights commissioner slams hate-fuelled anti-LGBTQ2S+ rallies planned in Canada
* protests against Canada's LGBTQ community planned across Canada 2023-09-20
* counter-protests planned
* 1MillionMarch4Children “standing together against gender ideology in schools” 🤨
* re: Sexual Orientation & Gender Identity taught, B.C. public schools
[subthread] Canada, transphobia: 1MillionMarch4Children
[see also main thread] Canada, education, transphobia
#Canada #education #SOGI #lgbt #transgender #TLM #TransLivesMatter #transphobia #homophobia #1MillionMarch4Children #CultureWars #ChristianRight #neoconservatism #politics #HumanRights #theocracy #Action4Canada #PlymouthBrethren #ConservativeParty #FreedomConvoy
[see subthread] 1MillionMarch4Children
B.C. human rights commissioner slams hate-fuelled anti-LGBTQ2S+ rallies planned across Canada
Texas Gov. Greg Abbott: special legislative session on school choice coming 2023-10
Gov. promised political consequences if lawmakers cannot pass legislation allowing for publicly subsidized school vouchers before March primaries
https://persagen.com >> ("charter schools" OR "school vouchers") AND texas
"hillsdale college" AND "public education" AND destroy
Investigative Series: Merchants in the Temple
Anti-LGBTQ Religious Sect Wields Money & Power in Canada
* 2023-07-04+ PressProgress 3-part investigation into Canada’s secretive anti-LGBTQ religious sect: Plymouth Brethren Christian Church
* deep dive into Brethren’s financial, political interests shaping Canadian elections, public policy
Plymouth Brethren: Religious Sect Members Obtained $12 Million Through Manitoba Government Contracts
Run Companies Out of Co-owned Building
Racial slur prompts Manitoba youth soccer players to take a knee in solidarity
Recent posts re: Manitoba, racism
Out-of-province group Canada Growth Council accused of election interference by Manitoba NDP registers as 3rd party
* non-profit political action committee formed 2019
* campaigns against federal Liberal candidates
* can spend $100K dur. provincial pre-election period
* $25K in election period
[thread] Manitoba, politics
Big Money & Manitoba Election: Dark money set ssights on Manitoba
* Canada Growth Council: https://www.canadagrowthcouncil.org
* registered 3rd party advertiser tied to Alberta & Saskatchewan conservatives, oil lobbyists, & obscure religious sect known as Plymouth Brethren: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plymouth_Brethren
Canada: Transgender rights deeply divide voters - most believe only 2 genders
Canada & Culture Wars: On gender, >1/2 say person is M/F, but 1/3 say that’s too limiting
* Most accepting of child who wished change gender identity hesitant on hormone therapy
https://persagen.com >> Action4Canada
canada AND transphob*
Far-Right Activists Planning Anti-Sex-Ed Convoy Targeting Alberta Teachers
* latest wave of far-right protests targeting schools, educators
* leader: Benita Pedersen, Alta. far-right
* key organizer, Take Back Alberta
https://persagen.com >> search: "Benita Pedersen" OR "take back alberta"
Saskatchewan Child Advocate: Pronoun policy could run contrary to human rights laws, needs changes
* Sask. Child Advocate says prov. gov.'s new policy regarding use of different pronouns in schools could violate human rights
* policy req. students <16 y.o. to seek parental consent before changing pronouns or preferred first names
Are we witnessing the beginning of LGBTQ genocide?
Look to Russia, Uganda to see where U.S. & Canada could be heading
* recognizable pattern of genocide
#GOP #GOPAC #GOPmenace #transphobia #homophobia #lgbt #TLM #BTLM #TranslivesMatter #BlackTransLivesMatter #neoconservatism #CultureWars #populism #ChristianRight #FarRight #ConspiracyTheories #HumanRights #HeritageFoundation #Project2025
[thread] Politics, LGBTQ+, repression
Discrediting the Transphobic "Bathroom Predator" Myth: https://persagen.com/docs/transgender_bathroom_meme.html
Weaponization of language:
Anti-transgender Rhetoric; Use of Language: https://persagen.com/docs/transgender_bathroom_meme.html#anti-transgender_rhetoric-use_of_language
GOPAC memo of 1990: https://persagen.com/docs/transgender_bathroom_meme.html#gopac_memo_of_1990
#GOP #GOPAC #GOPmenace #transphobia #homophobia #lgbt #TLM #BTLM #TranslivesMatter #BlackTransLivesMatter #neoconservatism #CultureWars #populism #ChristianRight #FarRight #ConspiracyTheories #HumanRights
NO ONE claiming this: classic wedge tactic/attack
Next they'll push "litter box" anti-LGBTQ+ conspiracy theory 🤨 🤬
Litter boxes in schools hoax: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Litter_boxes_in_schools_hoax
Furry fandom: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furry_fandom
Saskatchewan school: not letting students identify as furries
https://persagen.com >> "wedge tactics" OR "wedge strategy"
Comment: populist troll wars. Poilievre seeks whole enchilada (all things). Don't be fooled
Pierre Poilievre Rails Against Authoritarian Wokeism in Response to Policy f. Doug Ford Gov.
Ontario Education Minister Stephen Lecce hit w. friendly fire
Poilievre’s latest right-wing culture war crusade
Saskatchewan premier Scott Moe ready to use notwithstanding clause to protect new school pronoun & name rule
Clause would allow provincial government to pass laws that override certain Charter rights for up to 5 years
Notwithstanding clause: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Section_33_of_the_Canadian_Charter_of_Rights_and_Freedoms
https://persagen.com >> search: Scott Moe"
Addendum 4 cont'd 2/
* given latest plan by Mark Lee Dickson - pastor at Sovereign Love Church in East Texas, aimed at halting so-called abortion trafficking - if this dystopic vision of intrastate abortion border guards might someday become a reality
https://persagen.com >> search: "Mark Lee Dickson"
See also Addendum 10
🇨🇦 CANADA! 🤬
"Empty shelves w. absolutely no books." Students, parents question school board's library weeding process
Confusion around new equity-based process
* "confusion" | "equity-based" 🤨
* Harry Potter | Hunger Games | Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry - examples of books no longer found in Mississauga public high school library
Christian group infl. Saskatchewan gov. over pronoun rules
* Tanya Gaw, founder of Christian organization Action4Canada
* influenced Saskatchewan Party to adopt pronoun, sex ed policies
* urged bans on Planned Parenthood & sexual health resource SOGI123
https://persagen.com >> search: action4canada
action4canada AND "freedom convoy"
As many of us who grew up in evangelical families can attest, whippings and outright beatings have long been doled out in devout evangelical Christian households as a way of raising children "right" — and the beatings extended to (and continue in) public schools in parts of the country dominated by white evangelical culture.
It's no accident that, in the US, these are the areas defending corporal punishment of children.
The link between a certain kind of repressive, obedience-centered, right-wing religion and child abuse is not something just now being discovered. It has been written about extensively for some time now. The brilliant Polish-Swiss psychologist Alice Miller wrote groundbreaking books about this link. Philip Greven's Spare the Child studies this link in an American historical context.
Amanda Marcotte notes that the arrest of Mormon child-rearing guru Ruby Franke for child abuse is part of a wearily predictable story, in which lauded right-wing Christian parents turn out to practice cruelty towards their children.
Why do Americans keep falling foir this, she asks?
"People...desperately want to believe in this fairy tale of the shiny, happy perfect white Christian families."
Texas’ political environment driving faculty to leave
* legislators passing laws banning diversity initiatives & targeting tenure at state universities
* 1/4 of 1,900 Texas professors surveyed by faculty associations said they plan to look for positions out of state
Florida to Approve Classic Learning Test as Competitor to SAT
* accepted by >200 private/religious colleges, universities
* emphasizes Western canon, Christian thought
* 2023-05 DeSantis (R-FL) signed bill allowing public schools to administer CLT
https://persagen.com >> search: desantis AND "hillsdale college"
Education in Florida (L/R arrow keys to nav.; content fades in):
Addendum 10 cont'd
Poll Shows Massive Public Backlash To Anti-LGBTQ School Policies
Numbers show GOP policies like book bans, sports discrimination, Don’t Say Gay bills wildly unpopular
* Navigator Research survey reveals sig. public backlash against GOP stance on LGBTQ+ issues in schools
Education: Guide for Advocates
Alabama Judges Use Abortion Ban Logic to Block Care for Trans Minors
Beginning to see the appalling legal consequences of the Supreme Court’s Dobbs decision
* trio of appeals court judges allowed Alabama’s ban on gender-affirming care for minors to go into effect
Abortion Snitching Is Sending People to Jail
* Celeste Burgess sentenced to 90 days prison b/c she took abortion pills when she was 17 y.o.
* charged with removing, concealing or abandoning a human body; concealing the death of another; & false reporting, after burying her miscarriage w. her mothers help
Trans woman goes undercover in Spokane hate church. What she uncovered should scare all of us
* Video essayist Jordan L. went undercover to infiltrate Sure Foundation Baptist Church
* known for viral sermons calling for the execution & public hanging of parents of trans children
https://persagen.com >> search: "baptist church"
[2023-07-03] GOP Presidential candidate Ron DeSantis' horrific transphobic attack ad
#RonDeSantis #transphobia #TransLivesMatter #neofascism #CultureWars #RepublicanParty #ChristianRight
See slides 37+ here (Hillsdale College at slide 40; arrow keys to navigate):
Hillsdale College: go to https://persagen.com >> search: aechoth2
and/or load Persagen.com then load URL https://persagen.com/#q=aechoth2
or directly go to: https://persagen.com/docs/hillsdale_college.html
Charter Schools Push Right-Wing Indoctrination at Taxpayer Expense
A “new breed” of charter schools is spreading conservative ideology & Christian nationalism
There’s evidence, according to a new report, that a fast-growing sector of the charter school industry is engaged in indoctrination, only, in this case, the schools are instructing children in white, conservative ideology.
A year after Dobbs and end of Roe v. Wade there's chaos & confusion
1 year after the Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade ending the constitutionally protected right to access abortion, the healthcare landscape has become increasingly fragmented & complex to navigate, spawning widespread confusion
Moms for Liberty is especially famous for pushing bans on books that discuss identity issues, including race, gender, and sexuality, or have sexual content; chapters of the group have run (sometimes successful) campaigns in schools across the country.
It’s a broad ambush, “seeking to undermine public education holistically and to divide communities,” the SPLC’s Rachel Carroll Rivas told NPR earlier this month.
[thread] Canada, education, transphobia
N.B. premier stands by changes to school LGTBQ policy
'I don't want to go to an election ...' said Premier Higgs
* growing controversy in N.B. legislature stemmed f. N.B.'s review of & changes to Policy 713
* est. min. standards for schools to ensure a safe, welcoming & inclusive environment for LGBTQ students
Starbucks to Take Down All Pride Decorations in Disgusting Cave to Far-Right
The decision all but guarantees further attacks on LGBTQ people and culture
Starbucks has banned Pride decorations in its stores halfway through Pride Month, the company’s workers union revealed Tuesday, in a stunning cave to far-right anti-LGBTQ fury.
A Compendium of Statements That St. Peter Might Be Asking Pat Robertson to Explain
Farewell to a man who blamed LGBTQ people and people of color for virtually everything
1. Gay people & abortion caused 9/11
2. Haitians deserved the earthquake in 2010
3. Feminists are evil
4. Abortion caused Hurricane Katrina
5. God won't bless America because of gay people and abortion
These are same groups lauded by the western media, including serious and respected Korea Analysts such as @nknews for their courageous commitment to human rights in north korea. And these claims are taken at face value.
“While they [LGBTQ people] have the right to freely express themselves, other citizens also have the right to not want to see that, so other people’s opinions have to be given weight as well,” said another member of the committee. Their argument is that denying the existence of a minority group, a violation of that group’s human rights, constitutes a right in itself.
“it would be as though Korea is recognizing sexual minorities,”
Each time Pride rolls around, people raise concerns over possible clashes that may arise due to the disruptive rallies led by various conservative and Christian groups. However, rather than addressing the problematic behavior of conservative and Christian groups, who shout hate speech and threaten the safety of the people at the queer cultural festival, Pride is made out to be a “problematic festival” that needs to be “filtered out.”